Steps for Success at UVF
- Step 1 – Pray about it.
Ask God to help you with your academic, personal, and spiritual goals. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7 NIV
- Step 2 – Ask for help!
- Your professors are subject matter experts. Stay after class if you need help. Make an appointment. Email questions. Let your professors know if you can’t make class and why. Let them know if you have a letter regarding accommodations.
- Ask a friend to help you study.
- Go to the Write Solution tutoring center located in Tucker Hall 121 with specific assignments. Make an appointment and stick to it!
- If you have a disability and need accommodations, email Dr. Kathy Caruso at DisabilityServices@valleyforge.edu
- Come to the Student Success Center located in Tucker Hall 102 so we can:
- Schedule you with a Student Link (a fellow student who can meet with you one-on-one for any of your questions)
- Help with time management and accountability
- Review your schedule & list of assignments for each week
- Step 3 – Use a planner.
Make checklists. Set daily, weekly, and monthly goals that include everything from eating healthier to cleaning and organizing your living and study spaces. Write down which classes are happening at a specific time, what homework is due and if needed, when you are going to do it. You can also use Outlook or Google calendars for planning and setting up reminders.
- Step 4 – Ask for MORE help!
Finally, surrender it all to the Lord Jesus Christ daily! He’s awake all hours. Take time to listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit in your life. Read the Bible and be encouraged!
If you have any other questions, please reach out to the
UVF Student Success & Career Development Center in Tucker Hall 102